Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My horse nephew


I have never owned a horse. My siblings and I were army brats, so a move every 4 years, along with an unlisted man's salary, didn't create the conditions for horse ownership. Of course that didn't stop me from begging, pleading, bargaining, and spilling many tears all for the want of a horse. Now I am in the fortunate position of being around all forms of the equine species on a weekly basis, and that is almost enough to fill the void.

To my great surprise a couple of years ago, my sister, Janet, announced she was buying a horse. She is the oldest girl in our family of 4 siblings, and it is probably due to her that I am so horse crazy. She paved the way, so to speak, for my lifelong passion. So even though Jan does have a son, I consider her horsey addition to the family the closest thing to owning a horse for me. So let me introduce you to my "horse nephew", a handsome Paso Fino gelding named "Alberto La Manana", or Alberto for short. He was the first "Horse of the Week" on my website. You can read more about him here
Leslie

3 comments:

Shelley Paulson said...

Beautiful! I love the way his mane is blowing in the wind!

- Shelley

Leslie said...

Thank you Shelley! It's funny you should mention that as my sister used this photo as homework in a Flash course she is taking. She actually made the mane blow in the wind! You can view it here with sound and all:
http://www.ontariopasofinos.com/janet/

Danni (: said...

He is beautiful. I'd never realised how beautiful a breed the Paso Fino is until I fell upon your photography website. By the way the pictures you have taken on there are superb!