Friday, January 12, 2007

The Lightfoot Trail, Orillia

As mentioned in the previous post, the Lightfoot Trail is one of my favourite walks. There is an abundance of birds; I have spotted chicadees, robins, bluejays, cardinals, juncos, red winged blackbirds, crows, and grackles to name a few and on several lucky occasions, a Baltimore oriole, which I happened to get a (albeit blurry) photo of. The squirrels thrive here too. Unfortunately for me, poison ivy thrives here as well. Thinking it was dorment in the winter I was rather careless about inspecting some trailside plants just before Xmas. I am paying for it still as I have some nasty rashes now to show for it. If flora is more to your liking there are many different wildflowers along the trail as well as not so wild flowers that have escaped, either on purpase or accidentally, from local gardens. Once I saw a beautiful snake, and a couple of times some feral cats. Here are some images from the trail. Happy (Lightfoot) Trails! Leslie






Are these really Gordon Lightfoot's feet?















Brandy knows the way...



















People: USE THESE!!!!!!


















Queen Anne's Lace looks like fireworks in the winter!



















Leaves of three, let it be...

No comments: